I searched a lot of websites for Good free domain names but couldn’t find any. The available ones where the those with unusual extensions like .co.cc or .co.nr , etc. Finally after getting frustrated, when I was just about to give up my search, I came across a website which gives [dot] COM i.e- .COM domain names for Free. There is not a single penny charged when registering or extending the validity of the Domain name.
The Things which I found Good:
1. Free .COM of your choice (yoursitename.com).
2. 1GB of webspace to host your website.
3. Unlimited bandwidth.
4. Unlimited emails (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc).
5. Scripts of your choice(Blog,CMS,Forum, etc).
6. Technical support by email for your website.
7. Tips & tricks to improve your page rank and traffic.
8. Free renewal of your domain.
9. No hidden fee or payments [everything is totally free]
10. You can put Ads on your Blog [but in limited amount because HyperWebEnable puts there own too]
11. Full control of your blog and customization as per your needs.
12. Affiliate facility [Refer users to this service and Earn money]
Things that I found tricky and those I didn’t like:
1. They put 2 or 4 Ads on your website depending on your traffic. If you have more than 100 pageviews then they put 2 Ad banners, if lesser PageViews then 4 Ad units.
2. They .COM domain which they give you for use is registered in their name i.e. hyperwebenable.com and not in your name. So you don’t own it [You can just use it].
5. It might happen that when your website is flourishing, HyperWebEnable will sell off your domain name for a very high price, Earning a lot of profit for itself. [Remember you don’t own the Domain name so you cannot do anything]
6. You cannot upgrade your platform. Example: If you wish to move to any other platform like WordPress or Movable-Type in near future, then you wont be allowed to do so. You cannot carry the domain name and traffic to your new location.
I know that even though the title of this article suggests about “Free .com domain names”, it could have more precisely been “Review of HyperWebEnable”. Anyways, I hope you guys understand the logic behind such Catchy Article-titles!