Blog comments are a major factor in deciding the quality and the authority of a blog. So, every blogger is keen to have good comments on his/her blog. But, it is to be remembered as a rule of nature that for achieving anything we need to invest something. So, for getting good comments on your Blog you must leave good comments on other blogs.
So, how to write good comments? Here are some tips:
Commenting on other blogs
1. Do not criticize the article. If you find any mistakes then mail those to the author or mention them in a humble way.
2. Do not argue and stay adamant. Be open in the discussion and try to understand what is being discussed.
3. Write your views about the article and what you think about the topic mentioned in the article. Most importantly, Know what you are writing!
4. Avoid writing off-topic comments. If you want to write an off-topic comment then mention that it is off-topic.
5. Do not try to insult the author and show your superiority. It becomes irritating to handle people who think that they know everything.
6. If you have any doubts or need any explanation from the author then clearly mention your question. Do not try to confuse the author.
7. Take care that you are not being arrogant while giving suggestions.
8. When the author replies to your comment do not forget to say Thanks. If you are unsatisfied with the reply you may re-frame your Comment and post it in a descriptive way.
9. Use a Short Name while commenting (preferably your Name or your Blog Name) Do not use long sentences in the Name field.
Replying to comments on your Blog
1. It is not necessary to reply to each and every comment on your Blog. But it is good if you reply to all.
2. Do not insult the commentator in any case, whatever may be the reason.
3. Thank the commentators giving good and valuable suggestions.
4. Reply to the comment in such a way that the commentator feels that you are wishing to befriend him/her.
5. Don’t forget to correct your mistakes if pointed out through comments. Thank the commentators who help you by showing your mistakes. Learn from the comments and implement good suggestions.
6. Try to answer the questions asked through comments as early as you can.
7. If you are moderating comments then mention your moderating policy and publish/delete the comments as soon as possible.
And one common tip for all comments : Do not make typing mistakes! Please Check your Spelling mistakes thoroughly before submitting a comment.