Canada’s BlackBerry maker Research in Motion (RIM) on Thursday, 11th August 2011 launched its touch and type smartphone BlackBerry Bold 9900 with BlackBerry 7 operating system in India. The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 is a 2.8-inch touchscreen mobile with QWERTY keypad. It is awesome looking slimmest Blackberry mobile phone (10.5mm thick) and sports 5MP camera with flash.
With Blackberry being a trend and not being restricted to Business class people, the number of Blackberry users is on a steep rise!
In addition to supporting the new BlackBerry 7 operating system, the phone features a range of powerful hardware enhancements, including HD (hi-definition) video recording and advanced sensors enabling new augmented reality applications such as Wikitude that can be integrated with BlackBerry messenger 6. Also BlackBerry’s OS 7 introduces a next generation BlackBerry browser with is significantly faster with more fluid web browsing experience; including enhancements like optimized zooming and panning for smoother web navigation.
Its best-buy price will be around Rs 31,000 to compete with the market of other Smartphones in India. Blackberry Torch and Bold users would be willing to switch to Blackberry 9900 which is also known as Blackberry Bold 4.
BlackBerry Bold 9900 (Bold 4) specifications
- Network : Tri-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE
- Display : 2.8″ Capacitive Touchscreen, 640 x 480 pixels resolution
- Dimensions : 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm
- Weight : 130 g
- BlackBerry 7 OS
- Camera : 5 MP with flash, video recording: 1280 x 720 pixels (720p HD)
- Keyboard : QWERTY with optical trackpad
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
- 8 GB on-board memory
- microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Proximity Sensor
- Built-in GPS / aGPS
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi : 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR support
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
- Blackberry Messenger 6
The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 (Bold 4) will come with a retail Price tag of Rs. 32,490 in India.