LG G2 is LG’s response to the other top end smartphones in the market like the Galaxy S4, iPhone 5s, Sony Xperia Z and others available in that price bracket. It is the most high end smartphone produced by LG. LG is banking on the smartphone to hold its own and make some serious inroads into the market.
The design provided to the LG G2 is not very flashy but easy on the eye and rather than going for the precision cuts and rectangular body, the finish is simple curved one which is easier to grasp. The display provided to the G2 is 5.2inch Full HD display which gives a resolution of 423ppi. Powered by QualComm SnapDragon 800 chipset, the clock speed of the LG G2 is 2.26GHz. It runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS.
The in built memory of the LG G2 is 16GB or 32GB while the RAM of the LG G2 is 2GB. The primary camera is 13MP which is supported with an optical image stabilization feature. LG claims the image stabilization technique gives less blurry images and also helps in providing better low light photography. The multi point auto focus feature helps in avoiding photo bombs occurring in your picture and helps in capturing the perfect shot. The LG G2 is supported with 2.1 MP secondary camera. The feature of accessing the front and back cameras simultaneously is pretty neat. The battery used in the LG G2 is different from the traditional Li-Ion battery, it uses a 3000mAh SiO+ which is said to provide a longer lasting battery life as compared to the traditionally used batteries.
- Guest Mode – It gives the primary user more control over the privacy of its phone. The guest mode feature empowers the user by setting a more than one home screen and the option of setting an alternate pattern lock for each individual home screen, so the guest user therefore cannot change the arrangement you prefer on your home screen.
- Knock-Knock – It is a cosmetic feature added to highlight the phone, the feature is used to activate the smartphone off the sleep mode and can be done by just double tapping the phone, and this feature can come in handy when your hands are otherwise engaged.
- Capture Plus – Gives more control on the alignment of the phone. This comes in use when there is an elongated web page and has to view at in full so the capture plus compresses it within the size of the screen and user can then align it to the degree it feels most comfortable on.
Besides these features, the major design difference on the smartphone is the placement of the volume control and power buttons which are placed behind the camera giving it a more easy access on the larger phones, this is what is claimed by the manufacturers at LG.
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- 2.26GHz quad-core Qualcomm S800 processor
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS (1080 x 1920 pixels/423 ppi)
- 32GB/16GB Internal Storage
- RAM: 2GB
- Primary camera 13MP with OIS
- Front Camera 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh SiO+
- Size: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
- WLan Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth, v4.0 with A2DP
LG G2 is available in black and white colors. The 16GB LG G2 is priced at Rs. 41,500 and 32GB costs Rs. 44,500.