Samsung Electronics, India’s leading smartphone manufacturing company introduced the latest rendition of the Galaxy Note with the Galaxy Note 3. With the motto of bringing delight to daily tasks and encouraging innovative thinking the Note 3 tries to add magic into the life of its consumers. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 delivers a larger and better screen for the best viewing experience and more powerful multitasking, and introduces significant S Pen improvements that make everyday life easier and faster.
Speaking at the launch event Mr. Vineet Taneja, Country Head, Samsung Mobile & IT, stated, “The Galaxy Note 3 represents the next evolution of the Galaxy Note experience. It meets the needs of consumers for a smarter larger screen, makes everyday life easier with the S pen and is much slimmer, lighter, more powerful, and comes with a beautiful design. At Samsung, our goal is not just to make great devices, but to empower consumers to truly experience…enjoy…and fulfill their busy life with our devices, like the Note 3 and the Gear.”
In terms of specifications, the Galaxy Note 3 has a 5.7 inch full HD super AMOLED screen, a long lasting 3200mAh battery. The primary rear camera is 13MP while the secondary camera is 2MP. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has undergone weight shedding too and is now weighing just 168g. The Note 3 runs the Android 4.3 JellyBean which is supported by the 2.2GHz Quad-core processor. The internal memory of 32GB can be expanded till 64GB.
Besides this, the Samsung Note 3 has gone under a design shift too by adding a soft and textured-touch back cover and delicate stitching. It also features a serration pattern on the side of the device that evokes a connection to the timeless and enduring strengths of classic notebooks and planners.
The reinvention of the S-pen is a key highlight of the Note 3 with it is the perfect communication driver between the phone and the user. The S-pen tries to make the life of the user comfortable and easy.
The standout feature, the Air Command is activated by a simple click of the S-pen button unlocking the following
- Action Memo – Allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more.
- Scrapbook – As the name suggests it help to track, write and note the important details which can be accessed at any time as per the convenience of the user.
- Screen Write – Captures the full screen image of the current page on the device and allows users to write comments or add additional information onto the captured image.
- S Finder – It is used to search all sorts of information, regardless of the type whether it be date, keywords or any other. In addition, users can also search for hand-written content in their Notes and memo applications, as well as symbols and formulas.
- Pen Window – Not only used for drawing or sketching but also for creating multi window for true multi-tasking experience. Simply by drawing a window of any size, anywhere on the screen, users can easily and quickly open another application window such as YouTube, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
The Note 3’s S-note has been devised for advanced note taking and can be synced with apps such as Evernote or the Samsung account. The new Easy Clip feature allows them to roughly draw around the desired image and then it converts that content into a more precise image.
My Magazine as the name illustrates gives a magazine type layout to all the user interests and likes, it has been partnered with Flipboard to give user more customization according to the users needs. The Drag and Drop has also been expanded with the user being able to transfer content or images from one window to another. Originally introduced along with the Galaxy S4, Group Play allows users to play the same music, to play games together, and to share documents. It now enables consumers to share videos and play content together with their friends simultaneously. Users can connect up to five devices to give a Multi Vision feature. The Galaxy Note 3 comes with support of 11 Indian languages to make it attractive across the demographic
The new Galaxy Note 3 comes with enhanced privacy and security protection provided by Samsung KNOX. Users can activate Samsung KNOX with ease which allows them to run and store security-sensitive applications and data inside a protected execution environment called “container.” The security inside the container is strengthened by system-level protection of Samsung KNOX against malware and phishing attacks as well as hacking attempts on physical devices when devices are stolen or lost. The information stored in the container is secured from being hacked or leaked.
The FindMyMobile feature allows disabling the phone when it is lost or stolen and user authentication prevents it from going on to factory reset without permission. It also can track and delete information if the need so arises.
- 5.7-inch full HD super AMOLED display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 2.2GHz Quadcore Processor
- Android 4.3 JellyBean
- 3GB of RAM
- 13MP primary camera and 2MP secondary camera
- 3200mAh battery
- 32GB expandable till 64GB
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, MHL 2.0, NFC
- GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0
Samsung Galaxy Gear
Along with the Galaxy Note 3, Samsung also launched its new smart watch – Samsung Galaxy Gear.
Samsung Galaxy Gear is a new concept device that allows users to live life in the moment while staying connected. Galaxy Gear will notify users and give them quick previews of incoming texts, emails and more coming from Galaxy Note 3. Together the Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Note 3 aim to make the users life as comfortable and on the move as possible.
The Galaxy Gear is priced at Rs. 22900/- while the Galaxy Note 3 is priced at Rs. 49900/-. But the users get packages worth up to Rs. 15000/- free with these devices and Samsung Note 3 customers who are using Vodafone 2G services will get 2GB Internet per month free for two months on Vodafone 3G/EDGE/2G Networks.